Friday, December 18, 2009

Can I use a Fram ph2 oil filter on 93 ford ranger v6-4.0?

I asked them for a filter to fit my 1993 Ranger v6-4.0, and they sold me a PH2 Fram. I have NEVER been sold that filter for my truck before. Will it fit? Would another filter be better?Can I use a Fram ph2 oil filter on 93 ford ranger v6-4.0?
they should have given you a Ph8A, the only different one is the 3.0 takes a ph3600





http://fram.com/Can I use a Fram ph2 oil filter on 93 ford ranger v6-4.0?
i may be wrong but i thought the 4.0 required a ph-2
FRAM PH8A , OR AC DELCO PF2 IS WHAT IT CALLS FOR . I THINK THEY MESSED UP
The PH2 will only fit 2001 and later 4.0s





It will take a Motorcraft FL1-A or a Fram PH-8A





Reason is the size of the hole in the center is different in the center (the PH 8A is actually smaller in diameter inside hole than the PH2).. plus the size differences of course

No comments:

Post a Comment