Saturday, December 26, 2009

2003 Camry oil filter removal?

I have tried every thing and cannot get this filter off, I drove a screw driver through which I realize after the fact was not such a good idea. The filter wrench just keeps slipping. Any ideas?2003 Camry oil filter removal?
Get either a plier style filter wrench like mentioned above or a boa constrictor wrench form your hard ware store, both should get sufficient grip on the filter. If none of these do it for you they sell filter wrenches that are like caps and slide on top of the filter and you loosen with a ratchet. If NONE of the above works I think you might just be out of luck.2003 Camry oil filter removal?
How much did you save attempting to change the oil yourself, about 50 cents and now this? I would use the proper snap on cap for that to remove it.
Wrap a towel or something to help to get a grip on it.
Go buy a pliers type oil filter wrench....that should be enough to get it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment