Wednesday, December 30, 2009

For the weekend-mechanics: What's the best oil filter $6 can buy?

I have been using Mobil 1 5W-30 and K%26amp;N filter ($9 @ Amazon.com) for my 1997 Nissan Altima (255k+ miles!), but I think it's an overkill since my Bosch premium oil filters for my BMW only cost $6 (advanceautopart.com). So I'm thinking I should not be going over $6 for my Nissan. But I also want to avoid ';junk'; filters. If your suggestion is online, please include a link. Thanks!For the weekend-mechanics: What's the best oil filter $6 can buy?
Purolator.For the weekend-mechanics: What's the best oil filter $6 can buy?
my choice has always been fram ,they have never gave me any problems at all ,and they cost around 5 bucks,but work well in what i use them in,good luck with it.
Fram are the least respected by those 'in the know'. I'm talking about those who have cut them open, counted pleats, measured surface area, spring tensions for bypass, checked for bypass screens etc., etc., etc., . Bosch are highly favored, as are Mobil1. Having said that, I use Fram's when it is convenient. My opinion is that the important thing is to change oil %26amp; filter OFTEN.
myself,i either buy fram or puralator.they are both good filters and they dont cost very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment