Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Which oil filter to pick?

I went to Strauss to get an oil filter. I looked for last one I got but they dont have. they have that brand but not the code numbers. instead, they have 4 other brands with 4 different books. each gives u its own oil filer for my camry 94. which one is better?





FRAM


MOTORCRAFT


POWERFLOW -$5


MOBIL EXTENDED - $10





im using Mobil 1 10W-30 high mileageWhich oil filter to pick?
Out of the filters that you have mentioned the Mobil is the best filter. It is a clone of a K%26amp;N filter without the higher end case of the K%26amp;N. If you are trying to get the best filter for the money then I would also suggest one you left off your list a Bosch. The Bosch uses a cellulose media. The Bosch %26amp; the K%26amp;N both have a quality design that will prevent dry starts. Purolater also makes good filters. STAY AWAY FROM FRAM. They are cheap and poorly constructed filters that have caused engine damage for some when they fail. It is not worth the risk. Motorcraft also makes a good filter out of the ones you have listed. If you are going over 5k before a change then I would go with the Bosch, K%26amp;N or the Mobil.Which oil filter to pick?
Fram is cheap because it is mostly made out of cardboard. I used to work at Advance Auto Parts and My manager and I cut apart all the different oil filters that we carried and Fram was the cheapest made. I would go with a Motorcraft or Powerflow if you are going for low price.
IF YOU CHANG YOUR OIL ON A REGULER BASES


THE FRAM I THANK IS THE BEST FOR THE MONEY


IF NOT THE MOTORCRAFT FOR ENEY FORD.
I use fram with my mobil 1 oil.........
I have used fram for 47 yrs. with no problem whatsoever.
K%26amp;N or FRAM.
Motorcraft....fram seems to break down too quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment