Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am getting ready to change the oil on my 2006 honda rancher atv. Oil filter question.?

I bought a fram 6008 filter for it and was wondering which side was suppossed to point out, if that makes any sense. One side has the part number stamped on it and the other side is blank. I know it matters which way just checkn if anyone had a similar experience. ThanksI am getting ready to change the oil on my 2006 honda rancher atv. Oil filter question.?
I think you have the wrong oil filter. The Fram number should be 6015. It's the same filter my 400EX uses. The only Honda ATV's that use a different filter than this are the 450r, the Rubicon, and the Rincon.


I'm not sure on the Fram, but on the stock filter, EMGO, and Wix, the end with the rubber washer around the center hole faces out. The side without the washer (and should have a ';flapper'; covering the hole) goes toward the engine.


If you put it in backwards, you risk toasting the engine from lack of oil flow.I am getting ready to change the oil on my 2006 honda rancher atv. Oil filter question.?
Not familiar with this engine.Is it a canister(cartrige) filter?If so ,are the holes the same size?Is there a cork or flat rubber gasket glued to each end?If the holes are the same size,it doesn't matter which end goes in first.Be sure to clean all dirt and debris off before installing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment