Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Whats wrong with using a fram oil filter on my 2002 ford explorer 4.6l?

Why not use a Motorcraft filter? They are inexpensive to get at Walmart(FL820S) and are a better filter. I personally would not use a Fram filter on any of my customers cars. I try to stick with the OEM filters when I can especially on cars under warranty. If I use something else, it will be a Wix, Bosch or Mobil. I see garbage filters come off of my customers cars when they go get cheap oil changes and I refuse to do that.





I have personally cut open many oil filters and compared them and I am not a fan of Fram filters.Whats wrong with using a fram oil filter on my 2002 ford explorer 4.6l?
Seen them blow at the crimps along the bottom of the filter and cause leaks from very small to almost damage a motor.





I use Motorcraft oil filters only on Ford's as some of the other filters, they are really good, but have a habit of creating noise when used as the silicone valve has a habit of keeping slight oil pressure in the system for less noiseful startupsWhats wrong with using a fram oil filter on my 2002 ford explorer 4.6l?
Technically, nothing is wrong with it. Personally, I wouldn't use a Fram filter on ANYTHING. I would suggest a Wix 51372 or NAPA Gold 1372. But hey, whatever floats your boat.
While there is nothing wrong with it for about the same amount of money why not buy a filter that isn't know as ';The orange canister of death';. But its your truck I would personally use Motorcraft for the money.
First off, motorcraft uses a special silicone valve to hold oil in filter till next start. Second, this filter has been UPDATED by ford twice to make it better for that type of engine, why trust anyone but who built the motor.
nothing that i know of,why did someone tell you no to?I use fram on everything i own even my golf car and have never had any problems.
they are the cheapest and come out at the bottom of all tests, there are several on the internet..
motorcraft is better, and costs the same

No comments:

Post a Comment