Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I would like to know whats the best way to filter Waste Vegetable/Cooking oil to use as fuel for my diesel car?

I boil it and need the best filter medium to clean black waste oil from a chipper / restaurantI would like to know whats the best way to filter Waste Vegetable/Cooking oil to use as fuel for my diesel car?
I don't know, but I will tell you my husband ran our car on waste oil for a few weeks and we drove around smelling like a chip van!I would like to know whats the best way to filter Waste Vegetable/Cooking oil to use as fuel for my diesel car?
You have to run it through a chemical process using catalysts and heat. You can't simply bung it in your car, however much you filter it.





Veggie oil can be too viscous (i.e. thick) to use properly, especially in cold weather and could bung up your engine.





Check these sites for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment