Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Should there be engine oil in my Jeep's air filter?

I took the rubber cover that connects my air filter and my carborator off, to clean out my carborator with carb/choke cleaner, and it was dripping oil. I checked my air filter, and there is oil in that also.Should there be engine oil in my Jeep's air filter?
thats a very common problem with jeeps. it doesn't really affect how they run so i usually just ignore it---unles you have excessive amounts of oil in there-then you need to get the rings replaced--or just get a new truck cuz thats a lot of work.. but if it runs ok i wouldnt worry about itShould there be engine oil in my Jeep's air filter?
No, engine oil should never be in the air box. Check your PCV valve. Good luck.
No. You really need to get that checked.
Not that I'm aware of. You may have other problems, you might be getting the oil from the pcv valve. good luck.
oil rings are gone,blow by,thats why your getting oil in the carburator
No there should not be oil in the air filter, How many miles is on your Jeep?


if there are a lot like 100,000 there could be blow by from the pistons. It may be the pvc value is bad.
This is a result of blowby, the oil rings on the pistons are bad. This is very common with jeeps.
No, there is something wrong somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment