Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I changed inline filter on the oil heating furnace. Need help with bleeding?

My fuel line is coming from the top of the tank to the furnace. When I changed the inline filter, I noticed the stop valve was also bad. So I went to home depot and got a new stop valve. Apparently fuel siphoned back to the tank during the process.





So far, I have added diesel in the inline filter and fired up the furnace with the bleed valve open in an attempt to make the fuel flow. I get all the fuel that I filled in the inline filter; after that bleed valve throws air for approx. 30 seconds and then furnace stops! Fuel just does not want to flow from my tank to the furance..... What do I do????I changed inline filter on the oil heating furnace. Need help with bleeding?
You may need to raise the level of the tank. There should be a small screw on the top of the filter where you can bleed between it and the tank. Then you can bleed it by loosening the line next to the pump (making sure you have rags under the line). This assumes that the tank is high enough for gravity to work. There should be a switch you can hold to try to force the furnace to run for longer. There should also be instructions on the side of the burner pump.I changed inline filter on the oil heating furnace. Need help with bleeding?
You need to get fuel in the line from the tank to the filter. At the filter, remove the line going to the furnace. Open the bleed valve at the furnace oil pump. Apply vacuum to the open end of the filter in order to draw fuel from the tank. Once the fuel reaches the filter, re-attach the line from the furnace. The fuel should flow to the furnace. You might need to turn the furnace on to pull the fuel. When the fuel gets to the oil pump, close the air bleed valve. I would call a furnace technician if you are not sure how to do this. Have a bucket to catch the spilled fuel, and plenty of rags.





You should also consider having the fuel line piped to the BOTTOM of the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment