Monday, April 26, 2010

My 91 ranger just had a transmission filter and oil change?

When I am on a hill it slips out of gear until I am level again.The fluid level is where it should be.Any ideas?very frustrating.ThanksMy 91 ranger just had a transmission filter and oil change?
it sounds like one of the o rings on the filter is not all the way in. and when the transmission is at an angle this allows air to get into where fluid should be. go back and have them double check that situation. it will require some patience though. the pan will need to come back down. i am sure that you are going to have a bother of a time getting the shop to resolve the issue for some reason.My 91 ranger just had a transmission filter and oil change?
that was the problem ,thanks alot. Report Abuse

Why do people do that??


Oil change in the transmission I mean.





I've heard so many horror stories about changing fluid because some mechanic or oil change guy suggested it.


And then, 500 miles later the transmission goes out.





I've got a 1991 Chevy 2500 with 260,000 miles on it and never changed or flushed the tranny and it still works great.





Be prepared to buy a new transmission.
How steep of a hill are we talking? What method are you using to check the fluid level?





The fluid level must be checked at operating temperature, with the engine idling in park/neutral.
They may have adjusted your linkage and done it wrong. I think you will have to take it back.
just add a little more. if it works then quit adding.
  • face makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment