Friday, January 8, 2010

Do the different kinds of oil filters REALLY make a difference ?

I usually use an STP oil filter (usually around$ 3.19), but this time around I thought I'd try a K%26amp;N filter which cost $12.99. Just wondering if I should use the K%26amp;N filter everytime......or stick with the trusty STP.Do the different kinds of oil filters REALLY make a difference ?
Based on the first two responses, it is apparent that ignorance is still bliss.





While the K%26amp;N is in fact a much better filter, having a superior flow rate, less pressure drop and finer filtering media than the STP, depending on your vehicles age, previous maintenance history and how you drive it, a cheaper filter will possibly do you just as good of a job.





That being said, the STP filter is one of the poorest filters available as it is just a re-branded generic filter. Again depending on the factors I mentioned above, if you want a good filter for a reasonable price, go with Baldwin (hard to find but outstanding quality), Wix or NAPA gold which is a Wix with a different box. They are all available for about $6 depending on the part number.Do the different kinds of oil filters REALLY make a difference ?
Dear Elusive ()Ne:.....IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY honey!!!!


I gave you a THUMBS-UP for a fantastic question...unlike most !!!


Believe me when I tell you, I work closely with many professional racing teams and STP is good enough for them...as far as K%26amp;N is concerned; does 'overkill' mean anything to you???


EVEN BETTER SAVE YOUR MONEY %26amp; buy a Wix oil filter.
your wasting your money

No comments:

Post a Comment